Position: Media Arts Program Assistant
Term of Employment: 7 weeks, beginning late-June
Wage: $11.40/ hr, 30 hours/week; some evenings and weekends.
Applications due: DEADLINE EXTENDED to June 5, 2017
Factory Media Centre (FMC) is seeking a hardworking, detail-oriented, and friendly individual to provide administrative, research, archival, programming, marketing and operations support to the Arts and Tech Administrator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing the gallery on time, monitoring attendance, engaging visitors, providing information on FMC’s programs/upcoming events
- Assist with planning, promotions and overall execution of special community projects (150 Seconds of Ontario Film Festival, Summer Film Camp, FAIR Project) as well as workshops and monthly art crawls
- Maintain FMC’s rental equipment, facilitate rentals to members and check incoming equipment, reporting any issues to the Administrator
- Assist with exhibition/event installations including preparation of gallery walls; working closely with artists, project coordinators, and volunteers
- Upkeep membership databases, mailing lists, and FMC’s organizational/digital archives and filing systems
- Prepare for and attend committee meetings (programming, communications, fundraising, etc.)
- Update FMC’s website and social media accounts to maximize community attendance and engagement in exhibitions, workshops and events
- Meet the criteria for the Canada Summer Jobs program (see below)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: research, typing, social media, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency in Quickbooks, WordPress and/or Mailchimp considered an asset
- Knowledge of contemporary media art and Canadian artist-run centres, and the local art scene
- Ability to effectively multi-task within a fast-paced environment, independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficiency in French considered an asset
This position is made possible by financial assistance from the Government of Canada, Canada Summer Jobs program. As such, all applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations (foreign students are not eligible).
FMC is committed to equity in all aspects of its operations. We encourage applications from indigenous people, persons with disabilities, ethnic or racial minorities, immigrants and refugees, Francophones, LGBTQI+ persons, women, and persons of all socio-economic walks of life.
To apply, please email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line LAST NAME_MEDIA ARTS PROGRAM ASSISTANT by June 5, 2017. On your cover letter please indicate your Canada Summer Jobs eligibility.