Factory Media Centre (FMC) is seeking dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals to join its Board of Directors.
FMC is Hamilton’s artist-run resource centre for film, video, new media, installation, and sound art. The Factory advances the discourse of contemporary media arts locally and nationally through exhibitions, screenings, workshops, educational and community-based programs, as well as access to multimedia equipment, editing software, and studio space.
- Attend monthly board meetings, and the annual general meeting
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports or other relevant documents
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mandate and programs
- Discuss and vote on important issues pertaining to the governance of the organization, including strategic focus in the form of short and long-term goals
- Implement policies and procedures in line with the current strategic plan, help run committees, and advise FMC staff where needed
- Lend experience and expertise by actively participating in meetings and at least one committee (programming, finance, communications, equipment, fundraising)
- Ensure the organization is meeting all its legal and financial responsibilities
- Inform the executive of any potential conflicts of interest and maintain confidentiality
Please note that serving on the board is a volunteer commitment. Board terms are two years and the time commitment is approximately 5-8 hours per month. Ideal candidates are practicing media artists and/or community-minded persons who have a strong interest in arts and culture. Professional training in the arts is not required.
FMC is committed to equity in all aspects of its operations. We encourage applications from indigenous people, persons with disabilities, ethnic or racial minorities, immigrants and refugees, Francophones, LGBTQI+ persons, women, and persons of all socio-economic walks of life.
Interested parties should submit their resumé and letter of intent to email@example.com with the subject line BOARD APPLICATION by May 31, 2017.