CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: 12th Annual Members Screening
Open to any audio or video-based work!
Deadline for Applications: Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Art Crawl: Friday, November 10, 2017 from 7-10pm.
Members Party + AGM: Monday, November 27, 2017, 6-10pm (*Members Screening prize winners announced at this event)
Calling all members! The annual screening is a fantastic opportunity to meet your fellow members and board of directors while exhibiting your media work to the Hamilton community at large. This year we are accepting audio works in addition to films and videos, in order to highlight the vast diversity of our members’ artistic practices. The Members Screening will kick off at the November art crawl on the 10th and screen during open gallery hours until the Members Party + AGM on the 27th.
First Prize: $200
Second Prize: $100
Third Prize: $50 Rental Credit
ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Submissions are open to members of Factory Media Centre only. Click HERE to learn about becoming a member or to renew your membership.
- Audio or video works in any genre/theme are welcome.
- Pieces may not exceed 15 minutes in length including credits (whether video or audio). Excerpts of longer works are welcome.
- Each member may submit a maximum of 2 pieces.
- Please only submit work that is ready to be shown.
- File sizes must be kept to 2GB or smaller (video), and 500MB or smaller (audio).
- Submissions should be independent projects, where you retain complete creative and artistic control of the project. Do not submit projects you do not have the right to exhibit.
Please submit your files in one of the formats below. Video files must be 2GB or smaller, audio files must be 500MB or smaller. All files must be Mac compatible.
Video: .mp4 (preferred), .mov or .avi
Audio: .mp3 or .wav
Click HERE to download the word-fillable application form and email it back to us with your media files by November 7, 2017.
All submissions must be accompanied by a completed application form. Email Arts and Tech Administrator, Abedar Kamgari, at email@example.com or call 905-577-9191 if you have any questions.